In this article, we will see how to create an eDiscovery Center site collection in Office 365 SharePoint online site. This type of site template is used to manage the preservation, search and export of content for legal matters and investigations.
- Sign in to Office 365 using your global administrator account.
- In the Office 365 Admin Center, choose Admin > SharePoint to go to the SharePoint Admin Center.
- On the "Site Collections" tab, click "New" and then click "Private Site Collection".
New Site Collection pop up will come up; provide all the require information into each appropriate section. Below are the listed sections.
Type a name for the document center site collection. Here, we entered – eg.Sumit_eDiscovery Center.
- Web Site Address
To create a new site collection, select a domain name in the drop down list. Also, you can use /sites/or specify any managed path and type URL name for the document center.
- Template Selection
Select a language for the site collection and under the "Select a template", choose Enterprise template which contains document center.
- Time Zone
Select your time zone from the dropdown list.
Enter the name of a person or user who will be the site collection administrator for the document center also you can clickCheck Names or Browse to find a person.
- Server Resource Quota
You can keep the default value of 300 for the eDiscovery Center site collection or can enter the number of size of resources (MB) that we want to allocate to this site collection.
- Finally, clickOK to create the new site collection.
- Below image shows the completed form of provided information to create new site collection.
After taking some time, the new document center site collection is appeared in the list of site collections.
Great! Your new Document center site is ready to work.
Happy reading. Any feedback or suggestion is always welcomed.