You can have your Farm back up configured or restored files for various purposes, for example, to save a copy or to restore it to another Server. Here, you can view backup and restore history on this Central Admin, which might have run as jobs in the past.
How do we perform it?
Let’s open Central Admin of SharePoint on your machine. On your Windows desktop screen, click Start >> Administrative Tools >> SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Run it as an administrator to have the elevated privileges.
- You will see the screenshot given below.
- Central Admin is configured under the categories given above.
- Click Backup and Restore.
- Go to Farm Backup and Restore.
- Click View backup and restore history.
- You will see the screen given below. Click it.
- Backup Directory Location
Provide a path to see the files of backup and restore on the directory. Once you provide a path, click Refresh, which will populate the files.
This link provides us with all the backup history, which was scheduled or run as Services manually or automatically, thereby providing you complete detail on the history of backups.
In this article, we saw see how to view backup and restore history in SharePoint 2013 Central Admin. There are more articles to come on Central Administration. Until then, keep reading and keep learning.