This configuration assists the users to configure the cross Firewall access zone on the Web Applications in Central Administration.
How to configure it?
Let’s open Central Admin of SharePoint on your machine. On your Windows desktop screen, click Start >> Administrative Tools >> SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Run it as an administrator to have the elevated privileges.
- You will see the screenshot given below.
- Central Admin is configured under the categories given below.
- Click System Settings.
- Go to Farm Management.
- Click Configure cross-firewall access zone.
- You will see the screen given below.
- Web Application
Choose the Web Application, where you want to provide cross Firewall access.
- Cross Firewall Access Zone
Here, you will select the zone, which can be used for generating external PC and mobile URL message in the cross Firewall.
Once you click OK, the configuration will be applied on the selected Web Application, which will be used for generating the URLs to pass through the external PC and mobile.
In this article, we saw how to configure cross Firewall access zone in SharePoint 2013 Central Administration. There are more articles to come on Central Administration. Until then, keep reading and keep learning.