This configuration assists you in receiving email settings by the various services in central administration, which are used later to receive the emails.
This is an important and a must-have configuration, which is done in central administration.
How to configure it?
Let’s open central admin of SharePoint on your machine. On your Windows desktop screen, click Start >> Administrative Tools >> SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Run it as an administrator to have the elevated privileges.
- You will see the screenshot given below.
- Central admin is configured under the categories given below.
- Click on System Settings.
- Go to email and text messages (SMS).
- Click on Configure incoming email settings.
- You will see the screen given below.
Configure Mail Settings
- Enable Incoming Email
Here, you can enable the sites to receive email on this server as an automatic or advanced configuration.
- Directory Management Service
Here, you can use the directory management service to create the distribution groups and the contacts.
- Incoming E-Mail Server Display Address
Provide an E-mail address in which you will receive the emails.
- E-Mail Drop Folder
Provide a drop folder to store all the emails in a folder in the server.
Once you configure, click OK. The incoming email configuration will be done in central administration.
In this article, we saw how to configure incoming email settings in SharePoint 2013 central administration. There are more articles to come on central administration. Until then, keep reading and keep learning.