In the previous article SharePoint 2016: Forms Based Authentication – Part 2 of this series on implementing FBA with SharePoint, we saw the execution of steps 3 & 4 for the process.
In this article, we are going to see the execution of step 5 and for the sake of quick review, I am putting up the process diagram again here.
Step 5 Configure Authentication Provider
In this step, we will associate the Membership Provider with the Web application that we want to enable with Form Based Authentication.
- Go to Central Administration.
- Click on "Manage Web Application".
- Select the Web application.
- Click on “Authentication Providers” link in the ribbon bar.
- Click on the Zone “Default”.
On the Authentication Provider screen,
- Check “Enable Forms Based Authentication (FBA)”.
- Specify the Membership Provider name “SPMembership” that we configured previously.
- Specify the Role Manager name “SPRoles” that we configured previously.
Under “Sign In” page section, you can choose to configure a custom Sign In page if you need, or you can proceed with default Sign In page provided by SharePoint OOB.
In this case, I am going along with default Sign In page offered by SharePoint OOB.
That is it for this part of the demo.
I will see you guys in the next article covering steps 6 & 7.
Hope you find it helpful.