What is Angular?
Angular 2.0.0 was released on September 14, 2016 and the latest version now is 5.2.0-beta.1 (20th December 2017). You can find the entire release cycle at the following link. Google is going to release Angular 6 in the months of March / April 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Mobile First
- Future Ready
- Flexible Development
- Speed and Performance
- Supports server-side pre-rendering
- Simple and Expressive
- Comprehensive Routing
- Animations Support
- Hierarchical Dependency Injection
- Support for Web Components
- Supports Material Design
- Internationalization and localization (i18n) & Accessibility
- Angular CLI
- Very Good Testing Support
- In-build XSS preventions.
- Smaller, Simpler and Faster
Angular is the richest framework with many features and it is very easy to understand. It is powerful, highly secure, and faster framework.
- OOPS principles
We know that AngularJS is completely based on Controllers, whereas Angular is completely rewritten and it is completely based on Components. It helps the applications to divide into multiple components and import them wherever we need them. Unlike AngularJS, Angular makes it very easy to communicate among components.
- Server side rendering
Unlike AngularJS, Angular supports server-side rendering.
- Mobile Support
- Like React Native, Angular supports native applications for Mobile platforms.
- We know that AngularJS has a performance issue for Mobile devices. While keeping that point in mind, Angular is designed for Mobile devices with huge performance improvement and also, it is optimized for memory efficiency.
- If we compare the front-end frameworks focusing their performance shoot-out, then Angular is the topmost framework which overtakes other frameworks including React.
- Animation support
Angular gives very attractive Animation support.
Angular provides a very nice inbuilt security mechanism.
- Dependency Injection
Dependency Injection is a great feature of Angular which has the ability to inject Components, Services, Directives etc. at runtime as per the need.
Data-binding is another core feature of the Angular framework. Whatever data-binding issues were present in AngularJS, keeping them in mind, the Angular Data-Binding feature is designed with a lot of groundwork. It is now highly matured, you can see a lot of improvements in change detection strategy.
We can create HTML UI views with simple and powerful Template syntaxes.
TypeScript has been successful even though it originated from Microsoft and was designed and built by Anders Hejlsberg (the language designer of C#).
- Latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Safari
- Tested for older browsers including IE9+ and Android 4.1+
Frameworks & Tools
Popular code editors which support Angular where we can write, compile and run the Angular code,
- Visual Studio Code
- Sublime Text
- Atom Editor
- Angular IDE
- ALM IDE
- Vim Editor
Angular supports many testing frameworks to test the Angular code as listed below in the screenshot.